Sunday, November 22, 2009

Newburyport Business

We were so pleased last week to learn that a local social service agency plans to use our job listings section to match people who need a job with a job.

I don't know if you got the chance to read the piece in the Daily News, or my piece, about the new initiative ROOF Over Head, which is trying to help families who have become homeless because of the economy.

This is not a handout; it's transitional assistance and helping people to sustain themselves. The target is families with children.

And note that they define "homeless" as people who are living with friends or relatives.

The figures are alarming, considering how small an area we are talking about - Amesbury, Newburyport and Salisbury.

My partners and I hope that we can be of service, since that was our intent (although the phone call came as a very pleasant surprise).

We need more job postings. If you know anyone who needs help, or if you own a business and have any openings, please send them to info@newburyportbiz.com.

Pass it along ...

Thank you.

2 comments:

Dick Monahan said...

Please put Nbpt Business in the blog roll on this site and vice versa. That way, I can just start with one of them and easily get to the other.

Gillian Swart said...

Oh ... sorry. I meant to make it so you could just click on the button. But I didn't.