Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Information overload

So I've been so overloaded about this election that I'm not only (slightly) depressed, but I've started packing my bags.

Just kidding.

With this new information age, every word that a candidate makes is scrutinized and analyzed, then some pundit (or "pundint," as McCain says) comes along and makes some pronouncement ... and on and on it goes, all day.

For example, how do I know that McCain mis-pronounces it "pundint?" Because I hear the same stump speech 2-3 times a day. It's an endless loop of Palin, McCain, Obama - with the occasional Biden thrown in, just in case he says something they can say is silly.

To be fair, Lieberman said the same thing in June about the new president being tested. But hardly anyone mentions that. Even on MSNBC, where both Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow have mentioned it more than once, the anchors ignore it.

*sigh*

As I said before, it's all a game. And the public are the pawns. I'm moving one square to the right, thank you.

I did find interesting the press on Sarah Palin being a "whack job." Only because it shows how far we've all fallen with the anonymous slams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a big difference between a political opponent saying that Obama is so inexperienced that the world is going to test him, and his own running mate saying the same thing. If fact, Bidden guarantees it.

Gillian Swart said...

Uh huh. And then he said something about the world finding out that Obama has "a spine of steel."

I gather you believe McCain has the experience ...

Look at the history and remember that no one except a sitting president has "experience" being the President.