Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fast talking

Does anyone but me (and my mother) notice how fast people on TV are talking these days?

I mean actual speed of talking. My mother, who is hard of hearing to begin with, has difficulty hearing these people who speed read through their scripts.

I understand that cable news anchors have to cram a lot into the day (never mind how much pabulum is in there that they could easily cut out), but I was just listening to a woman anchor (or whatever they call them) on MSNBC who talks so fast she gives me a headache.

I don't know her name because they never identify themselves, nor does MSNBC - but I think she's Tamron Hall. For an hour, I've been thinking guests were thanking "Cameron" for having them on the show.

Last week the cable news networks spent as much time dissecting the OJ trial as they did the economic crisis, but that's another issue altogether. Does anyone really care about OJ Simpson anymore?

Anyway, TV shows, these news people and whoever else are talking so fast that it's mind bending. Sometimes I have to rewind, when I can, to understand what someone said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I NOTICED IT ALSO.
THE FAST TALKING MAKES ME TIRED AND NERVIOUS ALSO.
I CAN GET MORE FROM A REPORTER IF THEY ARE SLOW AND SMOOTH TALKING