Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stellar Stella's

I had lunch today, for the second time in 7 days, at Stella's on Middle Street.

I'd forgotten how good their breakfasts are and the lunch offerings ... well, I had breakfast food both times so I'll stick to that.

Friday: Lemon-ricotta pancakes .... mmmmm .... perfecto. I usually don't order pancakes from a restaurant because I like them thin and light and they're usually thick and heavy. Not these ones; they were just the way I like them.

Today I had "Breakfast Around The World:" This sampler includes 2 eggs, half of a Belgian waffle, a small pile of French toast, a link of Italian sausage, a wee bit of Irish corned-beef hash, homefries, a toasted English muffin, and a glass of American Florida orange juice...$8.50

It was served on one of those platters people use to serve a turkey on Thanksgiving (I swear, it was huge!).

I couldn't fit in one piece of French toast and most of the homefries (not being a fan), but I have to say the waffle was light and airy, the eggs were fresh, the corned beef hash was crisped to perfection and even the French toast I could only eat half of was way above average.

If you haven't been there - go there! It's on Middle Street - and it's a way cool space, too.

1 comment:

Gillian Swart said...

OK, OK ... I created an account and reviewed my little heart out. Stella's, Oregano and Hana Japan (of course). I notice that although you compare the place downtown to Hana Japan for sushi, you didn't actually review Hana Japan. I'm the only one!

As for reviews on here - people read them. I get at least one hit per week from someone who searched for (mostly) Oregano.