Friday, May 22, 2009

Don't let your fingers do the talking

*NOTE (I should have said this before): I'm not publishing any more comments on the topic of James Shanley and his appointment to the NRA.

Both 'sides' have had their say and that's it. I'm the only one allowed to cast aspersions on other people's characters on here!

But I take your point, Tom (Ryan): Why choose the City Council president when you could have picked any one of thousands of people who were not already in a position of power?

I'm not going to fault Shanley for accepting the appointment, though, even if he had promoted himself. He is deeply interested - and has educated himself - in all matters related to parking. And I happen to mostly agree with his positions on the subject (not crazy about the Green St. plan), so ...

But it will be interesting to see who is elected chairman of the NRA now that Nat Norton is not seeking re-appointment.

If it's Shanley, I may bitch and whine (especially if he becomes mayor).

No comments: