Monday, May 11, 2009

Fed up with Facebook

I downloaded the malware program recommended by Ari Herzog, and according to that, I had 12 - yep, 12 - viruses on my laptop.

They were all over the place, but seemed to be all related to one piece of malicious nonsense, which probably came from the Facebook hack last week.

The friend whose FB account sent me the virus(es) has closed her facebook for good. And I'm thinking that maybe isn't such a bad idea.

I started to send out over the weekend messages to my FB friends giving them my contact info so they will know how to reach me, aside from on there.

I like the phone - it's nice and hopefully safe - so I gave people my phone #s also. Because I don't post my phone numbers on Facebook.

It's really kind of silly anyway, my having to sign in to some program to send a message to someone who's supposedly my friend, or conversely, to sign in to reply to a message they have sent me.

No comments: