Saturday, May 2, 2009

Caught on film



I finally caught him red-handed in an act of malfeasance - here we see City Council President James Shanley preparing to bribe someone.

I'm not sure who, or why ... perhaps fellow Councillor Greg Earls, over there to his left ... ?

Awww, I'm only kidding and so was James. He didn't have an envelope stuffed with money on him so he pulled out his wallet.

I think he was trying to tell me something, but again ... I'm not sure what. *cough*

Shanley, Earls and fellow councillors Cameron, Connell and Holaday all took part in the rally at Market Square to commemorate 100 days under President Barack Obama.

It's good to see the humorous side of our elected officials, isn't it? I mean aside from some of their decisions in Council Chambers ...

But now that I look at the photo, I realize that you can't even tell that it is Shanley.

Damn! Foiled again.

3 comments:

James Shanley said...

Sure looks like Shanley to me: goofy fishing hat, wrinkled shirt and ill-fitting jeans all have that "Shanley Look". Where at the Fashion Police when you need them?

I think Greg Earls is laughing because even in these tough times, its takes more than three ones, a bunch of ATM slips, and a handful of loosing raffle tickets to bribe anyone.

Anonymous said...

not a whole lot to celebrate after 100 days...

Gillian Swart said...

Oh anonymous, you're such a party pooper.