Sunday, May 17, 2009

I am so impressed (with myself)

I actually went into the bowels of this blog template and made it so the footer line is separated from the body of the post.

Don't you love my technical term, bowels?

There is really no reason to have all kinds of made-up terms to describe how stuff works on a computer.

It's really so everyone else will think they're dumb because they think they can't understand it - "think" being the operative word there.

Even I have fallen into that trap, but when something goes wrong with my computer - and no "techie" is around or one blows me off - I can usually figure out what's the problem.

The real problem is, I go through several days of seeking advice and/or being put out by the situation before I realize, "Hey, I can do this!"

Why do you suppose that is the case?

The problem with all this computer/Internet stuff is that there are too many people using them without taking the time to understand what they (the people) are doing.

One of my neighbors was over here last week and I warned her about Facebook being hacked.

"What does 'hacked' mean?" she asked.

Oh brother, where art thou?

P.S. This is true of all kinds of situations. I can fix minor stuff on my car, too - but I still look for someone else (a man) to do it for me. Why operate a car if you don't know how it works?

1 comment:

Sarah Swart said...

WOO-HOO! Go, Gill!