Friday, November 7, 2008

President Obama: sounds good to me

I direct you all, if you have not been there already, to Tom Salemi's excellent post about the election results.

My sister (the one in Malden) yesterday was telling me about how they let my niece and nephew stay up late to watch the results of the election.

My 15-year-old niece, my sister says, was intrigued by the process but was rather "Okay, he's black ... so what?" about it all. These are my white relatives I'm writing about ... of course, they all live in the highly multi-cultural, multi-racial Malden (which is why my sister and brother-in-law chose to live there in the first place).

See, that's the future comin' at us all.

I find comments about "black liberation" and all the other crap offensive.

I have the same racial makeup as Obama, I'm not even an American citizen, and I'm as American-loving as anyone.

In fact, people who carry on (wasn't it the ultra-white Gov. Romney who insitituted state-mandated health care here?) have given me pause in my vow to institute proceedings to become an American citizen as soon as I ever have extra money again .... if ever, that is ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i find black liberation theology offensive, too.