Monday, July 5, 2010

Holy crap!

This is the way to win over a man ... arrange to have 4 fighter jets fly over your house while he's there ...

Nah, seriously though, what were the odds that last night Mr. Y and I would both be at windows in my house when 4 fighter jets flew over Plum Island?

I think we simultaneously screamed, "Holy shit!"

They came right over the house! Mr. Y said they were only about 500 feet above the ground. After they flew over the house (in tight formation), they banked left at the river.

I think they were the same 4 jets that flew over the Esplanade for the Pops concert ... (oh, of course they were) ... it was awesome.

2 comments:

Dick Monahan said...

Unless they were violating the rules, they were 1000 feet above the highest obstacle within 2000 feet. (That would be the lighthouse?)

Gillian Swart said...

I am really, really bad at judging distances, but they were way lower than they were at the Esplanade. I was relying on Mr. Y's superior (to mine) capabilities in judging how high up they were flying.

And yes, I guess that would be the lighthouse ... except I have no idea how far I am from the lighthouse! ... and the lighthouse isn't that tall, while there are some pretty tall houses out here now ...

But I think they were as low as that USCG jet was, when they were searching for that poor girl that drowned.