Monday, May 3, 2010

Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink

Yikes! I hobbled* into Dick's Variety here on the island yesterday to buy a gallon of water.

They were out of gallon jugs of water. NECN is reporting that the water down there south of us is still not safe for drinking or cooking.

Heck, people, my mother and sister/brother-in-law go through this every year in Gloucester. Boil order, boil order, boil order.

I suggest that these people boil their water and stop coming here to buy up our jugs of water! We've got our own problems. Geesh.

Dunkin' Donuts - oh, no! say it ain't so - and other purveyors of coffee had to close, as some other businesses also have no water to wash lettuce, make ice, etc. On the other hand, businesses that make ice are doing quite well.

* I am hobbling because I fell down a hill at the community garden yesterday morning and sprained my left knee. The knee is about the size of a grapefruit. Good thing I don't have to depress a pedal in my car to engage a clutch, huh? You know what comes next ... "Oh, wait ..."

1 comment:

SJS said...

Every coffee shop (including Dunkins) in Gloucester closes when we have to boil water. You have no idea.