Friday, October 8, 2010

Paid parking (meeting)

I see (or saw) that you paid heed to my last post and flew down to City Hall at 6 p.m. last night to attend ... oh, wait, that was the line outside Park Lunch.

Silly people.

Anyway, I in jest told Mr. Y upon returning from the meeting that soon there will be a (paid) parking permit based on eye color. I said that soon, there would be a special permit for people with blue eyes.

This turned out to be a mistake because, of course, Mr. Y has eyes of this very color. He insisted that this particular permit should be free and went on to name several other special interest groups that should be able to park downtown for free.

Some of them he doesn't even belong to.

Ah, well, at some point I'll write a serious story on the meeting ... which, of course, Mr. Y did not attend, either.

Yikes.

No comments: