Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yikes!

I have previously mentioned, I think, the plumbing problems that developed in this little cottage after being hooked into the municipal water/sewer. Nearly all the plumbing fittings had to be replaced (the shower so far seems to be OK), the innards of the commode had to be replaced, and whatnot.

I continue to be alarmed, however, by the intense gurgling, for lack of a better word, that once or twice a day occurs in the toilet bowl. I'm told it's the vacuum sewer system in action. It's really a waste of water because it sucks the 'unused' water right out of the bowl, but whatever.

Standing on the enclosed porch a moment ago, right after I had run water in the kitchen sink, I heard the gurgling from the bathroom - but simultaneously, I heard some high-pitched sound outside the house.

This can't be good - can it?

No comments: