Monday, April 19, 2010

Update on my laptop

My dad appears to have fixed (or rather, facilitated the fix of) my Compaq/HP laptop ... no reflection on anyone else; he was willing to fork over dough to achieve this, being the parental unit and all ...

I'm lost with the technical details but now I have more RAM, a some gizmo to reduce the temp ... well, here's what he had to say:

The HP now has 2GB RAM (in place of 1GB) and the repairman installed a copper heat sink which lowers the operating temp, he said, by 10 degrees C.


Now all I have to do is pay a visit to my friend Mr. T (not the actor), who has graciously offered to deal with the "more than 800 MB all in use when the computer is at rest" that is apparently a culprit in all this drama.

Where would we be without our friends, huh? And I "met" him through this blog. Anyone else care to tell me I should give up the blog? I love my little blog!

Hope this helps someone, somewhere, who is dealing with a similar issue. We'll see how it goes and I'll post updates. I did not ask how much it cost to fix it (yet).

I have to say, I got all teary when my sister (with whom my dad lives) on Thurs. handed me the Presario that dad had sent with her to our weekly visit with our mom. It was that kind of week.

(I'm not entirely fond of the keyboard on the Lenovo, specifically that red pointer button thingie that I always hit when I go to type a "g" ... you know, the first letter of my given name ...)

No comments: