Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tables on State St.

Also on the City Council's agenda ...

A request from The Upper Crust to have outdoor seating, to wit (I'm going to use that a lot now): 3 30" metal tables and chairs on the sidewalk outside the store.

I'm actually surprised The Rockfish hasn't entered this outdoor seating frenzy (Oregano also is asking for outdoor seating, on Inn St., again this year).

But then ... you can't really say "no" when Agave has tables outside its door.

I don't know how I feel about this yet, but I'm sure I'll have an opinion at some point.

By the way, I went to Upper Crust (again) last night and it was pretty hoppin' in there, for 8 p.m. In fact, there were a lot of people out and about in the streets, which I was happy to see.

I also saw a policeman standing on a corner talking to a couple. I liked that, too.

It was nice to see Newburyport as what attracted me here in the first place: a relatively sleepy little place where there's a friendly cop on the street.

No comments: